The permit type you select allows you to park in that area on both the Kennesaw and Marietta Campuses. For instance, if you select Central Parking, you are able to park in the Central Parking Deck on the Kennesaw Campus and Lots P35, P36 and P51 on the Marietta Campus. Some parking areas on the Marietta Campus have changed. Please review the map above before selecting your parking area.
Parking and Transportation has new permit options available for the 2020-21 academic
year. Student permit rates listed below do not include the mandatory parking infrastructure
fee. The mandatory parking infrastructure fee is $82 per semester.
Please note that students who choose a Fall/Spring 2020-21 Permit will be charged the permit amount x two semesters (fall/spring). Students who choose a single semester permit will be charged the value of the permit they select for one semester only (Fall 2020, Spring 2021, Summer 2021). The charge will appear on Owl Express.
Fall/Spring 2020-21 Permit: Valid August 1, 2020 – May 31, 2021
If you plan to attend classes in the fall and spring semesters, we recommend purchasing a Fall/Spring 2020-21 permit to secure your preferred parking area for the fall and spring semesters. If you do not return to campus for the spring semester, you can return your permit online for a prorated refund.
Fall, Spring and Summer Permits
Fall 2020: Valid August 1 – December 31, 2020
Spring 2021: Valid January 1 – May 31, 2021
Summer 2021: Valid June 1 – July 31, 2021
If you only plan to attend classes for a single semester, we recommend that you select a single semester permit. It’s important to note that your permit will not renew. If you return to campus for the next semester, you will need to pick a new permit from the parking areas available for that semester once the permits are released each semester.
Parking AreaPermit Price
Residential$108 ($54 per semester x 2 semesters)
Central, East, West Commuter$54 per semester or $108 for Fall/Spring Permit
Economy Commuter$36 per semester or $72 for Fall/Spring Permit
Shuttle Commuter$15 per semester or $30 for Fall/Spring Permit
Motorcycle, Moped, Motor-ScooterNo charge
Please note, there is a $60 boot removal fee and $35 fee for being parked in the tow zone.
Student Parking Areas
Residential Parking Areas
North Residential (Dark Blue)
Recommended for students living at KSU Place, University Village and University Village Suites. Includes access to the North Parking Deck.
South Residential (Light Blue)
Recommended for students living at Austin Residence Complex. Includes access to the Austin Residence Lot and South Housing Lot.
Residential (Dark Blue)
Recommended for students living at Hornet Village, University Columns, University Commons and University Courtyard. Includes Lots P9, P11, P13, P14, P28b and P43.
Commuter Parking Areas
The following permits are valid for the parking areas listed for both campuses.
Central (Green): Central Parking Deck
East (Yellow): East Parking Deck
West (Red): Lot A and West Parking Deck
East Economy (Brown): Located on Frey Road across from the Bailey Athletic Complex
Town Point Economy (Purple): Located at Town Point
West Economy (Orange): West Lot and Church Lot
Shuttle Lot (Pink): Located at 3305 Busbee
Central (Green): Lot P35, Lot P36 and Lot P51
East (Yellow): Lot P37 and Lot P38
West (Red): Parking Deck P60 and Lot P22
East Economy (Brown): Lot P8, part of Lot P11, Lot P18 and Lot P19
Shuttle Lot (Pink): Lot P40
Shuttle Lot users will need to ride the Big Owl Bus to campus and back. The bus
can be tracked using the Big Owl Bus Live Tracker App, or visit the website for the latest real-time arrival information.
Selecting Your Permit
- Log into parkingportal.kennesaw.edu using your NetID and password.
- Click on the “Permits” tab at the top of the page and select “Get Permits” in the drop-down, which will take you to our virtual permitting system.
- Click “Next” at the bottom of the page, and the “KSU Permit Selection and Permit Agreement” page will load. Select a permit and then click the boxes indicating that you are familiar with and understand Parking and Transportation’s rules and regulations.
- Add vehicles to your account by selecting the “Add an Additional Vehicle” option at the bottom of the “Select Your Vehicles for Permit” page. You may select up to five vehicles to apply to the permit and then click “Next” to continue.
- On the “Purchase Overview” page, you’ll see the permit term, permit option and maps to both campuses displayed.
- Click “Checkout” at the bottom of the page to continue to the “Finalize Purchase” page. If everything is accurate on this page, click the box indicating that you have read and understood the above statements and click “Transfer Permit Fee to Owl Express” to finalize the permit selection process. Also, and this is very important, if you have correctly completed your permit selection, you will receive a confirmation email from Parking and Transportation.