Getting a Permit
Student Parking Permits for the 2018-2019 Academic Year
Current KSU students may select your parking area for the 2018-2019 academic year. Parking and Transportation’s virtual permitting program eliminates the need for you to pick up a parking permit in person. Instead, go to parkingportal.kennesaw.edu on the date designated below to select your parking area. Your parking permit will be good through July 31, 2019. Each semester (fall, spring and summer), your student account will be charged the amount associated with your selected parking permit unless your permit is returned online at parkingportal.kennesaw.edu. Please note that permits will be offered based upon your current class.
1. To select your permit, log into parkingportal.kennesaw.edu using your NetID and password.
2. Click on the “Permits” tab at the top and select “Get Permits” in the drop-down, which will take you to our virtual permitting system.
3. Click “Next” at the bottom of the screen, and the “KSU Permit Selection and Permit Agreement” page will load. Select a permit and then click the boxes indicating that you are familiar with and understand Parking and Transportation’s rules and regulations.
4. Next, you’ll add vehicles to your account by selecting the “Add an Additional Vehicle” option at the bottom of the “Select Your Vehicles for Permit” page. You may select up to three vehicles to apply to this permit and then click “Next” to continue.
5. On the “Purchase Overview” page you’ll see the permit term, permit option and maps to both campuses displayed.
6. Click “Checkout” at the bottom of the page to continue to the “Finalize Purchase” page. If everything is correct and accurate on this page, click the box indicating that you have read and understood the above statements and click “Transfer Permit Fee to Owl Express” to finalize the permit selection process.
Faculty/Staff Parking Permits
Faculty/Staff parking permits are issued at the Talon One Service Center and are valid until returned, or employment is terminated. Faculty/staff parking areas are denoted with signage and/or green lines.
A Faculty/Staff parking permit costs $23 per month and allows you to park in any faculty/staff space on both the Kennesaw and Marietta Campus. Employees seeking a lower cost option can select an Economy Lot parking permit for $10 per month or a Shuttle Lot parking permit free of charge. Employees purchasing a permit must utilize KSU’s payroll deduction as the payment method. The parking permit deductions are pre-tax.
2018-2019 Permit Types and Prices
Student permit rates listed below do not include the mandatory parking infrastructure fee. The mandatory parking infrastructure fee is $93 per semester. Students are charged each semester (fall, spring and summer) for their KSU parking permit unless it is returned at parkingportal.kennesaw.edu. Partial semester refunds are not issued after the drop/add class registration deadline.
Parking and Transportation is the sole department authorized to issue any parking permit used for parking on the Kennesaw and Marietta Campuses. Parking and Transportation has the authority to establish parking rates and fees including but not limited to late fees. By purchasing a parking permit, students, faculty and staff may park in their assigned areas or lots at any time (except as needed for special events). All parking permit holders are responsible for knowing and understanding the rules and regulation and paying any parking fees associated with their permit and citation fines if incurred.
Student & Employee Rates
Permit TypePermit Prices
West, East, Central Area PermitsStudents: $26 per semester
West Economy, East Economy, Town Point EconomyStudents: $15 per semester
Employees: $10 per month
Shuttle Lot PermitsStudents: $0
Faculty/Staff Parking PermitStudents: N/A
Employees: $23 per month
Carpool Permit (2 members)Students: $13 per person per semester
Employees: $11.50 per person per month
Carpool Permit (3 members)Students: $0
Dedicated Space PermitStudents: N/A
Employees: $88 per month
Motorcycle, Moped, Motor-ScooterNo charge
Emeritus PermitNo charge
Retiree Permit$20 with an active Retiree Association Membership
Temporary PermitNo charge
Long Term Visitor PermitVaries based upon selection
Official Business PermitNo charge
Booting or Towing Fees$60 boot removal fee
$35 parked in tow zone
- Dedicated Spaces are only available to Deans, University Cabinet and above. Parking and Transportation approval is required.
- Official Business Permits are for employees only and can only be requested by division and department heads. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for additional details.
Return Your Parking Permit
- Log into parkingportal.kennesaw.edu.
- Select “View Your Permits".
- Select the permit you would like to return.
- Click the “Return Permit” box.