Zagster bikeshare stations are located near both Kennesaw and Marietta Campuses. Each Zagster docking station is equipped with several cruiser bikes that are available for use 24 hours a day, all year long. There are four locations near Kennesaw Campus, including one at The Blake, and three along the seven-mile Noonday Creek Trail. There are seven Zagster stations located on the Marietta Campus, including the Joe Mack Wilson Student Center, the University Columns, and the Recreation and Wellness Center. Visit the Zagster website to find locations and pricing information.
How to Use Zagster
Download the Zagster app and join the Town Center bike share.
Find your bike’s number and enter it into the Zagster app to get a unique unlock code.
Enter the unlock code into the on-bike keypad. After the ring lock opens, remove the docking cable from the side of the ring lock.
Park your bike at a Town Center Zipbike station.
Press and HOLD the LOCK button on the keypad until the light flashes.
On the right side of the bike, find the orange tab on the ring lock and slide it down.
Place the docking cable from the station into the port on the ring lock. Tap END RIDE in the Zagster app.
6. Mid-Ride Stops
For quick stops away from a Town Center Zipbike station, you can lock to any public bike rack.
See HOW TO in the app for more details.
Frequently Asked Questions
Who is eligible to join the Zagster bike share?
Membership in the Zagster bike share is open to all members of the public 18 years of age or older. You must have a valid credit or debit card to become a member of the bike share.
Where can my Zipbike go?
While you are using a Zipbike, you are free to ride it wherever you like. If you want to make a stop, you must lock the bike to a secure object (but never just lock the bike to itself).
Before you end your bike trip, you must return your bike to a Town Center Zipbike station. Trips may never be ended unless the bike is already locked to a Zipbike station. Do not leave a bike anywhere else unless you have an active trip on the bike. Riders may be held liable for replacement of lost bikes.
I ride Zipbike all the time. Can I just keep the bike?
Nope, you cannot leave a Zipbike locked anywhere other than a designated Zipbike station unless you have an active trip on the bike. We LOVE that you like riding Zipbike, but this is a bike sharing program for everyone. Please leave bikes where everyone can access them.
Can I get an extra bike for my friend?
Only Zagster bike share members are allowed to check out bikes and you may only check out one bike at a time. Everyone who rides a Zipbike is required to have their own Zagster membership and to have signed our Rider Agreement. If you know someone else who wants to ride, just have them sign up. It's fast and super easy!
What do I do if my bike breaks down?
Please contact us right away with details on what's happening:
Then, return the bike to the nearest Zipbike station. Once it's locked there, end your trip. We'll get the bike fixed up, but in the meantime you're free to start a ride on a new bike and get on your way.
What do I do if I cannot lock my bike?
- Don't panic.
- Refer to the troubleshooting tips below. Sometimes it simply takes another try.
- If all else fails, please call us at 202-999-3924.
The lock won't open!
- First make sure there are no spokes making contact with the ring lock. Sometimes a spoke will seat up against the ring lock with enough pressure to keep the ring lock from retracting.
- If the spokes are clear, double check that you are entering the correct code, and try again after waiting for 30 seconds.
The lock won't close!
There are a few potential reasons why the lock won't close:
- First make sure there are no spokes in the way. Sometimes, a spoke will line up in such way with the ring lock that the spoke will block the ring from closing.
- If you have held the lock button until the light flashes, you should hear a mechanical noise from the ring lock itself. This mean the ring lock is armed and ready to use. If you’ve pressed and held the button but heard no noise, there is a good chance the lock is already armed and you can simply press down the orange tab to lock the ring.
- Once the ring lock has been engaged and locked, make sure you plug the docking cable into the port on the top of the ring lock.
If you cannot secure your bike, please call us at 202-999-3924 right away!
What do I do if I think my Zipbike has been lost or stolen?
If you believe your Zipbike has been stolen, immediately contact your local police department and building security to file theft reports.
You are obligated by your Rider Agreement to alert us as soon as possible in the event of any potential loss or theft of Zagster bikes. Call Zagster at 202-999-3924 and we’ll walk you through what to do. We’ll also email you an Incident Report that you’ll need to complete. You may be charged for the cost of replacing a lost or stolen bike.
Do I have to wear a helmet?
Zagster strongly recommends that you wear a helmet while riding.
Where can I get a helmet?
Zipbike riders can buy Bern helmets at a huge discount. Shop Bern online and enter the code Zagster15 at checkout to get your own. You may also wear your own helmet from home.