There are seven Zagster bike-share stations located on the Marietta Campus, including the Joe Mack Wilson Student Center, the University Columns and the Recreation and Wellness Center. There are four locations near the Kennesaw Campus, including one at The Blake, and three along the seven-mile Noonday Creek Trail. Each Zagster docking station is equipped with several cruiser bikes that are available for use 24 hours a day, all year long. Visit the Zagster website to find locations and pricing information.
How to Use Zagster
Download the Zagster app and join the Kennesaw Campus bike share.
Find your bike’s number and enter it into the Zagster app to get a unique unlock code.
Enter the unlock code into the on-bike keypad. After the ring lock opens, remove the docking cable from the side of the ring lock.
Park your bike at a Kennesaw State Zagster station.
Press and HOLD the LOCK button on the keypad until the light flashes.
On the right side of the bike, find the orange tab on the ring lock and slide it down.
Place the docking cable from the station into the port on the ring lock. Tap END RIDE in the Zagster app.
6. Mid-Ride Stops
For quick stops away from a Kennesaw State Zipbike station, you can lock to any public bike rack.
See HOW TO in the app for more details.
No smart phone? Text SMS to 202-999-3924 to learn how to ride by text message.
Frequently Asked Questions
Who is eligible to join the Zagster bike share at Kennesaw State University?
Membership in the Zagster bike share is open to all members of the public 18 years of age or older. You must have a valid credit or debit card to become a member of the bike share.
Where can my Zagster bike go?
While you are using a Zagster bike, you are free to ride it wherever you like. If you want to make a stop, you must lock the bike to a secure object (but never just lock the bike to itself).
Before you end your bike trip, you must return your bike to a Kennesaw State Zagster station. Trips may never be ended unless the bike is already locked to a Zagster station. Do not leave a bike anywhere else unless you have an active trip on the bike. Riders may be held liable for replacement of lost bikes.
I ride Zagster all the time. Can I just keep the bike?
Nope, you cannot leave a Zagster bike locked anywhere other than a designated Zagster station unless you have an active trip on the bike. We LOVE that you like riding Zagster, but this is a bike-sharing program for everyone. Please leave bikes where everyone can access them.
Can I get an extra bike for my friend?
Only Kennesaw State bike share members are allowed to check out bikes and you may only check out one bike at a time. Everyone who rides a Zagster bike is required to have their own Zagster membership and to have signed the Rider Agreement. If you know someone else who wants to ride, just have them sign up. It's fast and super easy!
What do I do if my bike breaks down?
Please contact Zagster right away with details on what's happening:
Then, return the bike to the nearest Zagster station. Once it's locked there, end your trip. They will get the bike fixed up, but in the meantime you're free to start a ride on another bike and get on your way.
What do I do if I cannot lock my bike?
- Don't panic.
- Refer to the troubleshooting tips below. Sometimes it simply takes another try.
- If all else fails, please call us at 202-999-3924.
The lock won't open!
- First, make sure there are no spokes making contact with the ring lock. Sometimes a spoke will seat up against the ring lock with enough pressure to keep the ring lock from retracting.
- If the spokes are clear, double check that you are entering the correct code, and try again after waiting for 30 seconds.
The lock won't close!
There are a few potential reasons why the lock won't close:
- First, make sure there are no spokes in the way. Sometimes, a spoke will line up in such way with the ring lock that the spoke will block the ring from closing.
- If you have held the lock button until the light flashes, you should hear a mechanical noise from the ring lock itself. This mean the ring lock is armed and ready to use. If you’ve pressed and held the button but heard no noise, there is a good chance the lock is already armed and you can simply press down the orange tab to lock the ring.
- Once the ring lock has been engaged and locked, make sure you plug the docking cable into the port on the top of the ring lock.
If you cannot secure your bike, please call us at 202-999-3924 right away!
What do I do if I think my Zagster bike has been lost or stolen?
If you believe your Zagster bike has been stolen, immediately contact University Police to file a theft report.
You are obligated by your Zagster Rider Agreement to alert them as soon as possible in the event of any potential loss or theft of Zagster bikes. Call Zagster at 202-999-3924 and they’ll walk you through what to do. They’ll also email you an Incident Report that you’ll need to complete. You may be charged for the cost of replacing a lost or stolen bike.
Do I have to wear a helmet?
Zagster strongly recommends that you wear a helmet while riding.
Where can I get a helmet?
Zipbike riders can buy Bern helmets at a huge discount. Shop Bern online and enter the code Zagster15 at checkout to get your own. You may also wear your own helmet from home.