KSU Electric Vehicle Charging Guidelines
All electric vehicle charging stations on campus are considered a shared resource and as such should be treated as a privilege not as a right for eligible users.
Definition and Purpose
These guidelines define electric vehicle charging activity and the valid use of electric vehicle charging stations by KSU faculty, staff and students on the KSU campuses. All guidelines are mandated by the Department of Parking and are subject to change.
- EV charging stations are meant to be “top-off” locations only. It is anticipated that
primary charging will happen at home. There is a two-hour maximum time limit for EV
- Vehicles must be removed from the charging station once the two-hour maximum is reached
regardless of whether the vehicle has been fully charged. No exceptions. Vehicles
parked in an EV charging space beyond the two-hour maximum time limit are subject
- KSU EV Charging spaces are not reserved for parking outside of an active charge. If
a vehicle is not in need of charging, it is not permissible to be parked in an EV
- Charging of electric vehicles is limited to charging station spaces only. Parkers
are considered in violation of these guidelines under any of the following conditions:
- Electric vehicles parked in nearby or adjacent spaces utilizing the charging stations
will be subject to citation (defined as taking the charging cable from the charging
station and using it to charge a vehicle parked in another spot).
- Electric vehicles parked in non-charging station spots and using a regular electrical
outlets for the charging of their vehicles will be subject to citation.
- Electric vehicles parked in nearby or adjacent spaces utilizing the charging stations will be subject to citation (defined as taking the charging cable from the charging station and using it to charge a vehicle parked in another spot).
- A charging vehicle must display a valid KSU parking decal/permit at all times.
- Electric vehicle charging stations may be closed by the Department of Parking due
to special event parking, maintenance, construction, vandalism or other instances
where the charging units are inoperative or unavailable.
- KSU assumes no responsibility or liability for damage to vehicles using the electric
- EV charging stations are located in the following areas:
- Kennesaw West Deck – 1st level near the Paulding Avenue entrance level
- Kennesaw East Deck – 1st level adjacent to the handicap parking spaces
- Kennesaw Central Deck – 2nd level near elevators
- Kennesaw North Deck – 2nd level adjacent to the visitor parking spaces
- Marietta P-60 Deck – 4th level near elevators
- EV charging stations are meant to be “top-off” locations only. It is anticipated that primary charging will happen at home. There is a two-hour maximum time limit for EV charging.
Register your Bike
Kennesaw State University Department of Public Safety & University Police
Do you ride a bike on campus? If so, we welcome you to please register your wheels with the BAT Program. Ride your bike over to the KSU Police Department during business hours and get an ID sticker for your bike. It costs you nothing and is a big help in recover stolen bikes.
Roger Lee Stearns
Chief of Police
Deputy Chief of Police
Emergencies: 470.578.6666 or 770.423.6666
Non-Emergency E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.orgTipster Line (Report Anonymously): 470.578.6305
How to Obtain a Carpooling Permit
Carpooling makes sense for students who have coordinated their schedules to be here during the similar hours of the day. A Carpool decal will allow you to park in preferred “Carpool Only” parking spaces in Lot A and Lot D on the Kennesaw Campus. Carpool spaces are located in Lot A, Lot D, Lot J, Cartersville Drive, East Parking Deck, and West Parking Deck . There is no carpooling on the Marietta Campus.
Where do I sign - up?
Student Carpool Program permits must be obtained in person at Card Services (located on the 2nd floor of the Student Center at the top of the stairs)
How does it work?
Each member of the carpool group will be asked to sign a list and Card Services personnel will then connect the carpool decal to the parking decal number of each member of the group who has also purchased parking. Those who will be passengers only may opt out of parking and will not pay the $26 parking fee.
There is only one carpool decal per group, but unlike a student’s parking decal which must remain on the student’s car; the carpool decal may be transferred back and forth to the car of any member of the carpool group. This way, if “Student A” drives the carpool group on Monday/Wednesdays, and “Student B” drives the carpool group on Tuesdays/Thursdays, they are able to share the carpool decal by transferring it from car “A” to car “B”.
There is no additional fee for obtaining a carpool permit.
Note: Carpool decals are given on a first-come first-served. Once decals run out, carpool options are closed until the next semester. IMPORTANT: You must display both your Zone Parking decal and your Carpool permit.
- Failure to display a carpool permit in a carpool parking spot will result in a citation.
- Failure to have a proper parking decal in addition to the carpool decal will result in a citation.
- Carpool permits MUST be renewed each semester.
- Should any member of the carpool lose their permit, please contact the Card Services office - Kennesaw 470.578.3436 Student Center, 2nd Floor.
Carpool Program permit, a fee of $25 will be imposed to receive a new permit. This includes theft without a police report. This replacement fee will not be covered by MOWR.
Motorcycles do not need a parking permit. However, motorcycle owners must register their vehicle information in Owl Express for safety and security purposes. Motorcycle parking is available on campus in areas marked for Motorcycle Parking Only. Motorcycle parking is available in several parking areas/lots around campus and marked by signs.
Motorcycles may also park in parking decks in areas marked for Motorcycle Parking Only. If you wish to park a motorcycle in a deck, carefully drive around the gate at the entrance to enter the deck.
Motorcycles MAY NOT park in any regular vehicle parking space. Parking in a regular parking space will result in a citation.