Getting a Permit
All new faculty and staff members will make their parking selection through Human Resources at the start of employment at KSU. Faculty/Staff decals are obtained at the Card Services Center located on the 2nd floor of both the Marietta and Kennesaw Student Centers.
In order for the Card Services Center to be able to issue you a permit, you will need an employee identification card. The vehicle being registered must have a license plate on, or in clear sight inside the vehicle, and belong to the applicant or to a member of the applicant’s immediate family. Proof of ownership and/or a photo ID may be required at the time of registration. Vehicles without license plates and/or a Kennesaw State University registration permit will be towed or immobilized in order to identify the owner of the vehicle. Unless you opt not to park a vehicle on campus, the monthly parking fee will be deducted automatically from employee paychecks. The fees will be split for bi-weekly paid employees.
Replacement cost for lost or stolen decals is $25.00.
KSU parking permit decals are required to be applied on the inside of the front drivers side window at all times while parked on the Kennesaw or Marietta campuses unless parked in a paid visitor parking area.
Faculty/Staff Parking Permit Rates
- Kennesaw-based Faculty/Staff
- Standard Parking: $23 per month
- Economy Parking: $10 per month
- FREE Parking: $0 permit fee
Faculty/staff based on the Marietta campus are not currently charged for parking permits. To discontinue automatic payroll deduction you must contact the Department of Parking at email@example.com to work with HR to ensure you are not paying the monthly parking fee.
A limited number of Dedicated Parking spaces are available for Faculty/Staff who wish to upgrade their parking selection to a Dedicated Parking space for $88 per month. Employees opting for a Dedicated Parking space will be issued a unique permit number in addition to their faculty/staff decal and will park in one specific parking slot exclusively of their choosing in a Faculty/Staff parking area pending approval by the Department of Parking (spaces are limited). The dedicated space will be marked with a Permit-Only sign denoting that the only the holder of that permit is authorized to park in that space. Unauthorized vehicles parked in a Dedicated Space are subject to a $50 fine plus booting and/or towing.
Employment & Duel Status
Parking status is determined by the classification on your KSU ID.
Non-Benefitted Employees (includes all temporary employees and regular employees working less than 30 hours per week):
- Pay employee parking fees through payroll deduction; or
- If enrolled in classes, pay student parking fees through enrollment; HR proactively matches student and employee records after drop/add and turns off payroll deductions for these employees for the current semester if enrolled in classes
Benefitted Employees (full-time, part-time regular employees working greater than 30 hours per week)
- Pay employee parking fees through payroll deduction
- If enrolled in classes, for the summer semester, must request student parking fee waiver ($26) by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to avoid paying student parking fees in addition to employee parking fees. This applies to summer only; in fall and spring, the parking charge will not be assessed.
Student Employees (student assistants or graduate research assistants)
- Pay student parking fees through enrollment
- Do not pay employee parking fees through payroll deductions while occupying a student assistant or GRA position
- Will be categorized as either a benefitted or non-benefitted employee if working in a non-student assistant classified position